Sunday, July 3, 2011

Patience

In the grand scheme of my life, I am a relatively new believer in Christ.  This is important in the fact that I believe my recent employment changes have been His way of teaching me about patience.  I have never been a patient person, whether it's being patient about something highly anticipated or highly dreaded.  I must have grown up always getting what I wanted (at least that's what my brothers LOVED to tell me when I was a kid.)  Or....  I just never really learned how to be patient.....  or, I've lost it over the years.  I'm not sure which is true (and I'm not sure which of these my ego will let me admit) however, I don't have much of it now.  I remember as kid being so excited about opening presents on Christmas Day that I could hardly go to the sleep on Christmas Eve.  I can still feel that anticipation the night before some big planned activity.  I sincerely think that this has contributed to my difficulty in sleeping.  Whenever I am anticipating something bad the next day, I don't sleep then either.  Specifically when there is an unknown quality/quantity to the event.  When I'm waiting for news....  I don't want to wait.  When I'm expecting something in the mail....  I don't want to wait.  When I'm expecting someone to arrive....  I don't want to wait.  See a pattern??  Unfortunately, I don't know how much I have learned these past few weeks as I'm anticipating some news this week and I'm having difficulty waiting through the Holiday weekend.  I know that God will see me through this, I just wish He'd hurry!!

No comments:

Post a Comment